[Air-l] Textbook Advice

Alex Randall Alex at islands.vi
Tue Jul 10 18:38:41 PDT 2007

I recommend Questioning the Media: A Critical Introduction (Paperback)
by John Downing, Ali Mohammadi, Annabelle Sreberny-Mohammadi  SAGE
Publications (USA); 2Rev Ed edition (May 1995)

It is older - pub is 1995 so not hip with Web 2 talk, but rich with insights
in the major media and the way media interacts with culture. Who runs the
media, how they work, what does it all mean...

I use this book to cover the broadcast topics and do all of the web related
topics using the web.

Alex Randall
Prof of Communication
Univ of the Virgin Islands