[Air-l] ICE-T again

Martin Garthwaite marting at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:33:38 PDT 2007

Barry,

If I put my computer scientist hat on, ICT is to the point, understandable
and sufficiently descriptive but at the same time vague enough to cover a
large area of computer science, it's a catch all, that really does not work
well in the world of the social scientist.

As a social scientist I don't like Information and Communication Technology
because each of these three is a huge area in its own right, and I would
also argue that ICT has always been about supporting economic activities
which always involves exchange.

So I would agree that a dis-aggregation is required, but I have no clue how
to go about it (sorry not much help).