[Air-l] Is all Communication Commercial?

Charlie Balch charlie at balch.org
Mon Jul 23 06:17:48 PDT 2007

I can't resist adding to the gumbo (as they say in the South USA). Maslow
noted that, past a certain point, higher needs can sublimate lower ones.
Suicide bombers are an example. In this context I recall that we have no
direct writings from the originators of all the major religions. Some of
them even specifically said not to have their words written down (but their
disciples did anyway).

Perhaps all members of this list have not made communications that were
antithesis to "feed and don't hurt me" but I suspect, like me, most of us
have. We need to communicate so many things. Hmmm. I know the reason that I
teach (and participate in this list) is that I need to communicate. I wonder
if I'd get the same joy (and more commercial feedback) if I were a
salesperson.

Charlie Balch
yada yada