[Air-L] Ethics in online virtual worlds

mhward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Tue Jul 31 16:25:11 PDT 2007

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but my study involved setting up blogs for
a group of PhD candidates at my own university for me to collect data on
their PhD process. I was told to email them a copy of the information sheet
that had been approved by the ethics committee. Their emailed replies to me,
agreeing to the conditions therein, was sufficient consent to allow their
participation.

M-H