[Air-l] Poll on annoying Internet neologisms

Alexis Turner subbies at redheadedstepchild.org
Mon Jul 2 12:48:49 PDT 2007

Even prescribed languages evolve.  I am reminded of a friend who was recently in
France and was being given a hard time because he knew no French and was trying
to get the locals to speak to him in English - unfortunately, he had just made
the mistake of using the word "cool" to describe something, and the youths he
was interacting with were under the impression that "cool" was a French
word...hence, my friend was lying and must actually know French.
-Alexis