[Air-l] Google scares me again

Michael Zimmer michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
Mon Jul 9 18:40:08 PDT 2007

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I think psychological profiling of
users based online habits is a tad more problematic than just
"somewhat" of an ethical minefield.

Microsoft recently announced their hopes to do something similar:
http://michaelzimmer.org/2007/05/23/msft-wants-to-identify-all-web-
surfers-based-on-surfing-habits/

One wonders if any part of one's earthly existence will remain
untouched by those wanting to track, capture, aggregate, and profile...

-mz

-----
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Microsoft Fellow, Information Society Project, Yale Law School
e: michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
w: http://michaelzimmer.org