[Air-l] [AOIR 8.0] Vancouver Conference Update #4 (July 12, 2007)

Richard Smith smith at sfu.ca
Thu Jul 12 10:27:34 PDT 2007

Dear AIRmobiles,

It is that time of the month again.... the time of the month when I write to
you with updates on the Internet Research 8.0 ("Let's Play") Conference, to
be held at Harbour Centre in Vancouver, Canada - October 17-20, 2007. You
know. That thing we do. In the fall (spring for your antipodeans).

Here's what you have to do to be here (or be square) in Vancouver in the
fall:

1. Get your registration in by July 15 to qualify for BIG early registration
discounts.

     http://www.aoir.org/?q=conf&cf=5

2. Book your hotel room. Now. Or you won't get a discount and you'll be
stuck in some expensive room far from the conference.

    a. RAMADA ($79/night):
http://wiki.aoir.org/index.php?title=IR8_Ramada_Details

    b. DELTA ($189/night):
http://wiki.aoir.org/index.php?title=IR8_Delta_Details

3. If you are a student, and want to be in the paper competition, get your
paper in to Mia ASAP (July 15 is the deadline).

Other than that, I don't have a lot more to say. I think I have flooded your
mailboxes enough the past few months. If you have questions, send them to me
(smith at sfu.ca) or post them to AIR-L at listserv.aoir.org.

...r
--
Richard Smith, Associate Professor School of Communication
Simon Fraser University, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, CANADA V6B 5K3