[Air-l] A related conference: UDC2007

Richard Smith smith at sfu.ca
Sat Jul 14 11:37:23 PDT 2007

Dear AIR,

Some colleagues of mine in the School of Communication at SFU are
organizing a conference on a theme that - I think - would interest
many of the people coming to AIR. If you have the time, you might
think of attending some or all of their conference, which happens
right after ours, in downtown Vancouver. Here is their blurb:

> You may be interested in a related conference, just a few days
> later (Oct. 25-28), also in Vancouver. It's theme is "Enclosure
> versus Emancipatory Communication in the Global City: A Conference
> of the Union for Democratic Communications."
>
> Keynote speakers include Dorothy Kidd, Dan Schiller, Nick Dyer-
> Witheford, and Mike Davis, noted author of Planet of Slums.
>
> Presentation topics also include democracy and the internet, online
> journalism and media activism, alternative media, and
> communications policy and history. For more details, see http://
> www.sfu.ca/conferences/udc2007 and http://
> www.democraticcommunications.org.

Hope to see you at the conference,

...r

--
Richard Smith, Associate Professor School of Communication
Simon Fraser University, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, CANADA