[Air-l] Is all Communication Commercial?

Ericka Menchen Trevino emtrevino at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 17:08:35 PDT 2007

I guess commercial is another one of those concepts that can blanket
the whole world if a determined weaver puts her/his mind to it. Just
like Information, communication and technology, not to mention
society, culture. politics/power, and I've even heard literacy used
this way, which sounded like a stretch to me.

In some ways pulling a concept out to its fullest reaches is very
rewarding and exciting - who hasn't been enthralled by thinking
"circumstance x really is about [insert master concept here]" But I
can't help but think that a lot of this comes down to something more
like branding than understanding.

Ericka Menchen Trevino