[Air-l] fictional blogs

joana ro joanaro at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:28:38 PDT 2007

Hey,

I am in the process of writing a paper on fictional tv-characters as
(of course imagined) authors of blogs as part of broadcasting
companies' effort to expand into the web.
Examples are two blogs by marginal characters supplementing the
hospital-series Grey's Anatomy (abc).

The idea is basically to examine how the fiction adapts into the blog,
how the web and the 'webed' fiction are functionalized in this
commercial context and how all of this becomes blog-specific.

I would be happy if anybody knew of any papers that go into this
direction. I have a whole bunch of stuff on fiction and the web,
commercial uses etc. - but this weird crossover area is new to me.

Thanks a lot,
Johanna

Johanna Roering
Sfb Brunnenstrasse 30