[Air-l] social network migration

Alex Goldman alexevasion at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 20:43:58 PDT 2007

The aggregators now in existence not only don't really work that well, but
in many ways miss the point entirely.  It seems to me that the steps
involved in building the next generation of social networking tools are
threefold: 1) finding fun ways to get users interested in generating lots of
information that reflect valid/reliable social concepts and is stored  using
standardized data conventions  2) develop methods for users to protect,
deploy, and control access to the information they generate in creative
ways  3) leverage the power this immense data set to encourage the building
of web applications that utilize this data in complex, ethical, and somewhat
transparent ways. I've been writing an
essay<http://www.alexevasion.com/node/146>precisely on this topic and
have posted it to the part of my blog where
where I grapple with similar ideas related to my identity game project, "The
Educated Guess" <http://www.alexevasion.com/node/137>.

--
ALEX GOLDMAN
<http://www.couchsurfing.com/alexevasion> www.alexevasion.com