[Air-l] internet usage stats

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 10 09:05:04 PDT 2007

US census data goes back that far -- try these sites.  /Caroline

Robert Kominski & Eric Newburger (1999). Access Denied: Changes in Computer
Ownership and Use: 1984-1997. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the
American Sociological Association, Chicago, Illinois. http://www.census.gov/
population/socdemo/computer/confpap99.pdf

I used this source to get numbers from 1984 on.
Computers and Internet Use in  the United States: 2003.  http://
www.census.gov/prod/2005pubs/p23-208.pdf.