[Air-l] sources on gendering of technology?

Karen Farquharson KFarquharson at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Thu Jul 19 20:53:47 PDT 2007

Here's another: Judy Wajcman, 2004, TechnoFeminism, Polity.

Cheers,

Karen

>>> "Tuszynski, Stephanie" <stuszyn at UTNet.UToledo.Edu> 20/07/2007 4:16 am >>>
Hi everyone -

I was hoping some people could suggest some sources on the subject of gendering technology? I'm thinking in particular of research that looked at things like "women use the phone to gossip while men use it for business" and so forth.

References that talk about using the Internet for "information gathering" versus social activity would also be helpful.

Thanks

Stephanie Tuszynski
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Theatre and Film