[Air-l] Tool for analyzing chat logs

Derrick L Cogburn dcogburn at syr.edu
Sat Jul 7 07:31:29 PDT 2007

Dear Asa,

I know that I am moatly a lurker on the list, but I wanted to offer
one response. There is a class of software applications called CAQDAS
(Computer Assisted Qualitative Data Analysis Software) that may be
helpful. Amongst these, two brands stand out (though there are
others): (1) Atlas.ti and (2) the QSR line (N5 and Nvivo). My personal
preference is Atlas. Both will allow you to download the text files of
the chat logs and to code, analyze, and present the data in numerous
ways. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Derrick

Dr. Derrick L. Cogburn