[Air-l] Blogging on Dr Who

Mary-Helen Ward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Sat Jun 16 23:58:59 PDT 2007

This is interesting. First I'd like to comment that Dr Who is popular
with the middle-aged too - we remember all the incarnations of The
Doctor since Sylvester McCoy - and our children in their 30s, who
watched it when they were at primary school and the Drs were Tom
Baker and Peter Davidson, also love the new series. :)

The comment you report implies that blogging is a kind of sideline to
life, also that it's what people do when they 'should' be doing
something else. But I guess it's a reference to the more 'personal
journal' genre of blogging that teens might be expected to engage
with, rather than the reviewing or current affairs genres that seem
to rule the Technorati-type Top Ten listings. I'm not sure that the
screenwriter really understands blogging though.

Would that be the first mention of blogging in UK prime-time TV?

M-H

On 17/06/2007, at 3:32 PM, Derek McMillan wrote:

<snip>

> On Dr Who last night (British TV series popular with teens) two
> characters were flirting and talking off-topic while the Doctor was
> trying to save the universe as ever - he turned around and said "and
> look at you two - blogging."

  <snip>