[Air-l] the choice of social network is a social network phenomenon?

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 00:45:04 PDT 2007

Barry Wellman wrote: "It is path dependency. If most of your friends are on FB or MS,
then you will choose that one. I haven't seen hard data on socioeconomic differences, and I'd be reluctant to generalize that FB is mid-class and MS working-class."

  I would be interested in knowing whether anything *has* been published with that type of hard data and how you'd anallyse the paths. I assume vissually (charts? tables?). Maybe this has been talked about before, but fwiw on a learning basis. In a field arguably outside the scope of my usual one. Especially: would anyone know of something publiehshed online?

  Best regards, Will

William Bain
PhD Student
Comparative Literature