[Air-l] viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 01:11:09 PDT 2007

Danah Boyd wrote: " I finally gave up and realized  that I didn't have the proper words for talking about this issue so I  wrote an essay with caveats. "

  In my very humble opinion: please don't give up, it's immensely interesting. I've been looking through abstracts from articles fonund by searching cite-u-like (social network systems) since this came up. I now realize more about what you're up against. an article found on google from the _antrhropology & education quarterly_ apparently addresses some of what you mention. Sorry for the sloppy typing and sloppier referencing, but it's at http://www.anthrosource.net/doi/abs/10.1525/aeq.1997.28.4.493 - the title is "dialectics of race and nationality: contradictions and philadelphia working class youth" (1997, Jo Ann Scheider).  Maybe of interest to you?

  Best regards, Will

William Bain
PhD Student
Comparative Literature