[Air-l] audio/video at IR conferences

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Tue Jun 26 14:22:58 PDT 2007

The videos from the keynotes in Chicago are on the aior.org site:

http://aoir.org/?q=node/745

though they are a bit small, they are interesting. This thanks to the
efforts of several students.

Also in Chicago, I audio recorded a handful of the sessions (4?),
after asking permission of the speakers. I'm not sure I agree that it
impedes discussion, but I am equally unsure that audio is of
particular value on its own.

What might work is a bit of self-archiving. Many of us now have cell
phones or mp3 players that can record audio (and video, for that
matter). Perhaps the best course of action is for those who are
interested to record their own presentations--audio, video, photos,
blog posts, slides, or what-have-you--and tag them on del.icio.us,
Flickr, or technorati with "ir80".

I'll pledge to do that for my presentation, and so, 1/200 of the
conference is covered :).

- Alex

--
//