[Air-l] Do volunteers run the internet?

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Wed Jun 27 14:49:36 PDT 2007

> Has anyone researched internet governance as voluntary?
>
> I have one undergrad paper on this. I think I am original on this but
> would appreciate any findings by others.
>
> also are there any statistics on this?

you've got two different topics here, imho - one in the subject, one in
the body.

are you talking about volunteers RUNNING the internet, or the premise that
internet networks submit voluntarily to governance by ICANN et al?

both tracks of ideas have some support, but are quite different topics...

--e