[Air-l] Mixed Media Interviews and Focus Groups

Pam Brewer pam.brewer at murraystate.edu
Fri Jun 8 11:02:18 PDT 2007

AoIR List Members--

I have followed the thread on online focus groups.  Thanks for the many
useful references.  As part of my dissertation research, I will be
conducting distance interviews and focus groups.  I had thought to give
participants a choice of media for the interviews so that they could pick
that which is most comfortable for them.  Assuming that participants will
choose different media, I wonder if you can provide me with any references
on the validity of mixed media for interviews and focus groups.  Are there
solid precedents for mixing media?

Best,
Pam

Pamela Estes Brewer
Lecturer -- Coordinator, Professional Writing
Department of English and Philosophy
Murray State University
PhD Candidate, Texas Tech University
270-809-4719
fax 270-809-4545
pam.brewer at ttu.edu

Please note that in August 2007, I will begin a new position at Appalachian
State University.  My Texas Tech email (pam.brewer at ttu.edu) can be used to
reach me at any time.