[Air-l] Mixed Media Interviews and Focus Groups

Semenov Alexander semenoffalex at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 13 04:26:22 PDT 2007

Hello, Pam!
I'm glad, that the topic I've strated was useful for someone else.
I've found that the most useful and complete bibliography on online
focus-groups is on WebSurvey Methodology website:
http://www.websm.org/
(just search "online focus groups")
I'm not sure, but it seems to me, that I've even seen something on mixed media.
>From my own paper I can name the following citations, that dealt with
comparison of online focus groups with other survey methods:
Underhill C. and Olmsted M. G. An Experimental Comparison of
Computer-Mediated and Face-to-Face Focus Groups. Social Science
Computer Review 2003; 21; p. 506
Hughes J., Lang K. R. Issues in Online Focus Groups: Lessons Learned
from an Empirical Study of Peer-to-Peer Filesharing System Users.
Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods, vol. 2 issue 5. 2004
pp. 95-110 www.ejbrm.com/vol2/v2-i2/vol2-issue2-art5-ab-hughes.pdf
Perhaps you'll find some insights in this papers.\
Best wishes,
Alexander Semenov.