[Air-l] A verb for using social networking sites

Derek McMillan derekmcmillan1951 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 22:32:58 PDT 2007

I am not answering the question because I expect a verb will emerge
sometime but hasn't as yet. In English we tend to just use the noun and
turn it into a verb e.g. "facebooking" or "booking"

On Dr Who last night (British TV series popular with teens) two
characters were flirting and talking off-topic while the Doctor was
trying to save the universe as ever - he turned around and said "and
look at you two - blogging."

I would also like to note the evolution of the term "owned" meaning "I
beat you".

First someone on MSN misspelt it pwned and that became a substitute.
then I think South Park used "poned" and more recently "You've been
Edgar Allen Poned"