[Air-l] social network migration

Richard Berry richard.berry at sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 06:29:50 PDT 2007

I would say that are a number of academics in my own department and
other similar who all use facebook to some extent. Some use it to keep
in touch with people (ex students for example), some use it as a general
communication tool (in the same way myspace is used) and some use it to
share things. The thing I like about Facebook over Myspace is I can post
links to news stories, webpages etc and easily draw in the other web2.0
apps I use.

Facebook also seems (in the Uk at least) to be the social networking
tool of media types, especially in the light of the commments of the
BBC's head of world service news, Richard Sarmbrook, who said he got
more news via social networks than traditional media
(http://www.journalism.co.uk/news/story3342.shtml)

Regards
Rich

--
Richard Berry
Senior Lecturer in Radio and Community Radio Manager