[Air-l] blogs & state politics research

Emily Metzgar emetzg1 at lsu.edu
Wed Jun 20 16:14:22 PDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I'm a doctoral student in media and public affairs at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and my research focuses on the impact of weblogs on state politics around the country.  This is a quick reminder of my request for your help in compiling data for my research.

A quick profile of my research is available here: http://governing.typepad.com/13thfloor/2007/04/queen_of_the_st.html

I have prepared an online survey for both bloggers and blog readers to complete. The survey is available online through June 30 at the following link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=mb2MRtsLhdFv5NW9LLmdiA%3d%3d

I would be grateful if you could take the time to complete this survey and to circulate it among your colleagues.  If you like, I'd be happy to keep you informed of my findings as my research progresses.

Many thanks for considering this request.  Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about this -- like any good doctoral student I'm always happy to discuss my research!

Best regards,

Emily Metzgar

Doctoral student
Manship School of Mass Communication