[Air-l] women bloggers

Christine Moellenberndt chris at inreach.com
Sun Jun 10 11:52:23 PDT 2007

I wasn't either... but I'm also fascinated and annoyed by the terms
"blog" and "blogger."  I mean, what counts as a blog? I have an account
on livejournal where I post very regularly.  Am I a blogger? If so,
women are NOT underrepresented, because there are a ton of females on LJ
(of all ages, from ZOMG teenagers posting about how their moms are
unfair, to women who use LJ for their hobby blogs, etc etc etc).  Or is
it content only that counts something as a blog?

I guess that's why I'm annoyed... I see a lot of room in the term "blog"
to include a lot of things that the mainstream definition seems to
ignore, and I can't find a good line.

Plus, I just REALLY hate the term for some reason :) Not very academic
of me since I can't pinpoint a reason but man!

I'd be curious to know what the basis for this statement (apparent
underrepresentation of women in blogging) is.  AFAIK, women are very
prevalent in the realm.

-Christine