[Air-l] Evaluating blog and forum marketing

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Thu Jun 28 06:17:57 PDT 2007

There is a fairly extensive literature established by folks who are using
social network analysis (and network analysis 'minus the social'] for
marketing purposes.

I opine that these are the most appropriate tools for this particular
flavor of analysis of forums and weblogs, especially when paired with
tools like content analysis and computer-mediated discourse analysis.

Most of these techniques have their own listservs and associated
communities of practice, which you can seek out by punching the terms into
google...

--e