[Air-l] Information request: current YouTube research?

Jean Burgess je.burgess at qut.edu.au
Sun Jun 10 17:57:26 PDT 2007

Apologies for cross-posting.

I'm currently working on a collaboration with Joshua Green from the
Comparative Media Studies Program at MIT. To put it very briefly, we¹re
designing a large-scale content analysis of YouTube, with the rather
ambitious long-term aim of mapping the emergent genre system of the network.

As part of our planning and early publications, we'd obviously like to be in
dialogue with what¹s already being done in this area. Unsurprisingly, a
pretty extensive database/web search has turned up very little substantial
published research on YouTube per se (as opposed to, say, youth or informal
learning, with YouTube as an example).   But we're aware of the fact that
there is likely to be a lot of research underway that we don't know about
yet.

If anyone is doing similar or even slightly related empirical research on
YouTube, has publications forthcoming, or knows of current projects in the
area,  I'd appreciate any information you might be able to make available.
Please reply either on-list or to je.burgess at qut.edu.au

Regards
Jean
--
Jean Burgess
Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Blogs:
http://creativitymachine.net
http://propagatingmedia.com

Reviews editor, International Journal of Cultural Studies
http://www.sagepub.com/journal.aspx?pid=196
ISSN: 1367-8779

P: +61 7 3138 8253 | F: +61 7 3138 3723 | M: 0401 733755