[Air-l] Blogs as source of socio-demographic data

Semenov Alexander semenoffalex at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 13 05:40:32 PDT 2007

Hello once again,
I really appreciate all your comments in this topic. Recently I found
an article that suits my request a little better than the others:
Stutzman F. An Evaluation of Identity-Sharing Behavior in Social
Network Communities (www.ibiblio.org/fred/pubs/stutzman_pub4.pdf)
It doesn't relate the topic of validity of the personal data in social
networks like Facebook, but it at least concernes the problem of
students attitude to identity sharing. So, I need more papers of this
kind. Perhaps someone tried to compare smth like political views of
Facebook users with data on political views and preferences of a more
general offline sample, or something of that kind? I'm simply
interested how such data, given in social network profiles differs
from that one given in offline surveys. And which one is more valid?
Has anybody seen something like this?
Thanks in advance.
--
Alexander Semenov.