[Air-l] Measurement of forum/blog marketing

Gary Huang li.huang at cantab.net
Wed Jun 27 01:35:27 PDT 2007

Dear list,

I am a market analyst in an Internet company. Our team is aiming to do
analyses on how online community, especially forums and blogs, can be
a tool for marketing and it make an impact on the public. The first
issue we encounter is how to measure marketing performance through
forums and blogs. We are not aware of any approved method to evaluate
the performance of online marketing with either, such as a campaign
intriguing people talking over Coca on forums and blogs. In addition,
there seems to be no pervasive measurement on the impacts of diaries
(from blogs) and entries (from forums) except for Jotter's bharns,
defining the impact of a diary
(http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/16/03719/6748).

I have been a lurker on the list for a long time and see many of you
having great ideas. Thus I look for any of you who are so kind to help
out a bit. It would be wonderful if you brilliant people can share
with me your experience and resource on related topics.

Cheers,
Gary