[Air-l] women bloggers

Lilia Efimova mathemagenic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:46:26 PDT 2007

Probably this would be helpful - more pointers to publications on
gender and blogging:

Book chapter - Posting with Passion: Blogs and the Politics of Gender
by Melissa Gregg in Uses of blogs
(http://snurb.info/index.php?q=node/335)

Papers from AAAI 2006 Symposia on Computational Approaches to
Analyzing Weblogs
(http://www.aaai.org/Library/Symposia/Spring/ss06-03.php):

- The Identity of Bloggers: Openness and gender in personal weblogs by
Scott Nowson and Jon Oberlander -
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s9553330/papers/SS0603NowsonS.pdf

- Effects of Age and Gender on Blogging by Jonathan Schler, Moshe
Koppel, Shlomo Argamon, and James Pennebaker -
http://lingcog.iit.edu/doc/springsymp-blogs-final.pdf

- Gender Classification of Weblog Authors by Xiang Yan and Ling -
http://www.stanford.edu/~xyan/publications/SS0603YanX.pdf

I also blogged some time ago on "generalising from own experiences",
which for me partly explains why certain types of blogs could be
misrepresented in the media -
http://blog.mathemagenic.com/2006/12/02.html#a1866

Regards,
Lilia