[Air-l] Blogging on Dr Who

Derek McMillan derekmcmillan1951 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 17:01:46 PDT 2007

I think I overtrump Mary. I first watched Dr Who when it was William
Hartnell. I think the writers were just trying to be "down with the
kids" by mentioning blogging rather than knowing what they were talking
about :)

I think blogging has been mentioned on Newsround a few times and of
course the BBC news has mentioned it a few times - the US military
trying to block soldiers from blogging for example because they were
"using up valuable time" when they should be killing people and valuable
bandwidth which would slow down their ability to kill people. Of course
the fact some soldiers were not telling it like (the Pentagon thinks) it
is was a factor too.