[Air-l] Doctoral Research - Project or Document Management Software

Samita Nandy samitanandy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:20:32 PDT 2007

I am a Ph.D. student and currently arranging research material for my thesis
proposal and dissertation.   In my research, I am coming across a
vast number of online sites and offline material.  Usually, I save them as
documents and organize them as files and folders in my study area or
computer.  However, I was wondering if there is any academic software that
could manage, categorize, and coordinate research, conferences,
publications, calender, appointments, etc in a strategic manner.  I know
there are applications like Microsoft Outlook that can organize mail and
calenders for communication and planning and EndNote and many
web-based software are there for organizing bibliographies, library lists,
and publishing but I was wondering if there is a comprehensive academic
software for research project management?

I am sure this would be very helpful for all graduate students and academic
researchers and any suggestion would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Samita

--
Samita Nandy
Media and Information, Curtin University of Technology
E-Mail: samitanandy at gmail.com
Phone: 1-905-896-7834
Fax: 1-905-268-9996