[Air-l] Doctoral Research - Project or Document Management Software

Ben Spigel spigel.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 19 18:02:10 PDT 2007

You can really use any database program to organize things. If you are
a mac user, I use something called DevonNotes
(www.devon-technologies.com), it handles any kind of format, and its a
good way to take notes. Papers, like Jeremy suggested, is also a good
mac application. I've also experimented with using a personal wiki,
but that's still in its early stages.

The key is to think about exactly what you need, and then look around
and find a program that is close to what you're thinking of. There are
actually a lot of programs out there for this application. I'm
interested in what other's use.

Ben Spigel
Graduate Student
Department of Geography