[Air-l] Doctoral Research - Project or Document

Frank Thomas news.ftr at free.fr
Wed Jun 27 07:32:48 PDT 2007

I used AskSam for years because you can combine a bibliography with
format-free text, formatted text, and do context search within the text
(Word1 within the same sentence as Word2, next to 2 words from each
other, etc.). This is quite unique. If you want to use EndNote for
saving your comments about articles you have nothing but small text fields.
However, EndNote's Cite While You Write feature and the automated
production of a bibliography really reduce work. If you co-author text
and produce a bibliography with another author you are nearly obliged to
use it as it seems to be the market leader.

Citation Manager is half as expensive as EndNote.
The bibliography in OpenOffice is for free.

Good luck,
Frank Thomas