[Air-l] is this ethical?

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Fri Mar 16 03:36:27 PDT 2007

On Mar 16, 2007, at 1:31 AM, Douglas Eyman wrote:

> I can't speak to this particular use, but I will say that when I've
> had my
> students use blogs to record and discuss the issues raised in our
> classes, I've
> made sure that they understand that their words are public (part of
> the point of
> class-based blogging) and that the authors they are responding to
> may in fact
> read their responses.

and I for one have done so in a couple comment sections somewhere
sometime myself.

I see no problem with this - after all we publish our work so it may
be discussed, critiqued and extended - public.

The nature of scholarship and dissemination shifts in internet-
mediated spaces - we know this "in theory" as internet researcher -
and yet we are so surprised we cant control how it shifts.

:)

Radhika Gajjala
radhika at cyberdiva.org

Radhika Gajjala
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator
School of Communication Studies
302 West Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43402