[Air-l] questioning authority

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 29 16:04:43 PDT 2007

Of course and what the internet could become is almost meaningless
(through repetition) asked all the time. How do pop magazines mesh
with technology progress over time? How real are these next steps or
really different.

Are there any models of this idea of the next step in the pop media
or technical press or even the academic press and consumer prices for
technology or Moore's law of decreasing processor size.

As a further critique and why I am trying to do internet impact
studies I believe there was very little new written about the
internet in academia in the late and middle 1990's most was
repetitive scholarship.

Wired has been well critiqued by women scholars that I know
of...mostly for sexism but also racism and abilist writing and being
highly pro capitalist. What is missing is the plain none hyped
impacts of the net.

Witness my systems science course where we are studying bio-
evolutionary models of economics and evolutionary algorithms and not
one female scholar on our reading list. Very cool systems science
views NOT.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa (2006-2007).
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.