[Air-l] Origin of the term "Internet"

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 19:24:01 PDT 2007

It would be helpful if you actually make a point.

Jeremy Hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu> wrote:  I don't think there are any ontological commitments per se, if you
want to construct them, that is fine, but i see diverse usages in
technical and non-technical spheres, and I do not see any basis for
the claim that there is any frame present for usage beyond fashion or
common use. Specifically, other than style guidelines in some
domains and presses, I don't think there is any basis to the position
you are taking below, but if you can marshal evidence that outside of
style-guide determined systems, there is a technical/non-technical
split, I would love to see it. I participate in both and I see
people migrating back and forth without issue.
On Mar 31, 2007, at 3:55 PM, James Whyte wrote:

http://www.aoir.org/