[Air-l] pre-conference workshop on research and learning in sl at IR8.0

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Sun Mar 18 16:11:26 PDT 2007

Hello all,

as many of you know I've been working on this pre-conference workshop
dealing with sl for ir8.0 and I have to say things are looking like
it will come together.

This email is what i want to call a fair warning.  In the next week
or so, I should have everything lined up pretty well, and will
probably have two calls for papers participants.  Those that I've
already talked to about this, should if they are interested, contact
me now so we can perhaps hash out some details.  Those that have not
yet heard of this but are really doing cool research or teaching in
sl should start preparing abstracts and papers.  Currently, I've
booked an all day workshop, for less than 40 people, but more than 12
(as there are 12 who i've already talked to), so the other spots will
likely be competitive.   This event will be more of a workshop/
symposium of the research, but based in completed research, so people
actually are grounded, and will hopefully have plans for future
research too.  The goal for me is to really build a solid knowledge
base and mutual support network (my usual modus operandi).   It
should be fun and fairly intense. If you are interested, you can send
me an email now, or wait until i send to Official announcement soon:)

Jeremy Hunsinger
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal