[Air-l] Attribute based web scales

Aristides Emmanuel Pereira aristides_pereira at msn.com
Mon Mar 19 18:44:40 PDT 2007

Dear Brian,

Following the aesthetics issue, there were some studies on the subject of
"web Comfortability" and how some components like usability, color schemes
and interface would help to define, in the user's perspective, her/his
interest on accessing a given website (the first 50 milliseconds factor as
cited by Charlie in the previous e-mail). It seems the whole concept of "Web
Comfortability" is based on the Kansei Engineering Method and therefore they
should have a tester or at least a based scale that can be adapted to use on
some aspects of your work.

I don't know if you would find clear information about it on the net but
this two following links should offer you an overview of this kind of
research:

1. http://www.myu.ac.jp/~okir/web_mn.html
2. http://www.myu.ac.jp/~okir/pdf/hcii2003-camera.pdf
3. http://www.myu.ac.jp/~okir/pdf/myu2005-kiyou.pdf

Once more, if the topic is totally off of your interests and real research
goals, please just do not consider this information.

My best regards and good luck,

Aristides Pereira, M.A. Int. Cultural Studies
PhD Candidate
Department of Multi-Cultural Societies
Graduate School of International Cultural Studies
Tohoku University
Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi
980-8576 JAPAN
www.bleepsblops.com