[Air-l] questioning authority

Ted M Coopman coopman at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:09:50 PDT 2007

All,

I'm all for critical. If anything we are not critical enough.

My point is the difference in critiquing a media outlet for what it is or is not (easy) as opposed to critiquing the policies of government and/or the practices of an industry (more difficult).

I may not share the underlying neo-liberal ideology that drives the Economist, but that does not mean that their analysis is faulty or lacks value. You just have to adjust for ideology/bias. While Wired is certainly not in the same league, it is still (IMO) a valuable resource.

-TED

Ted M. Coopman
Department of Communication
University of Washington