[Air-l] naturally occurring conflicts?

Jonna Ahti jonna.ahti at helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 20 05:58:03 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I'm writing my phD thesis on chat-room conflicts and I would be very pleased
if you could guide me to some articles written about this subject. I'm a
linguist and I will use conversation analysis and discourse analysis but I'm
also interested in socio linguistic and socio psychological approach to the
subject. I'm familiar with all classic books and articles but it has been
hard to find any good texts on social+verbal conflicts on the net. Does
someone know for example this: "Online Dispute Resolution: Resolving
Conflicts in Cyberspace"?
I would also like to point out that my aim is to study naturally occurring
verbal conflicts/disputes in stead of flaming (which, of course, will be
discussed in my work).

Thank you in advance!

Jonna Ahti

--