[Air-l] Fwd: [SLED] Call for Participation in a free online conference with April 7 proposal deadline

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Mar 28 05:15:16 PDT 2007

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Vance Stevens <vstevens at emirates.net.ae>
> Date: March 28, 2007 2:49:55 AM EDT
> To: educators at lists.secondlife.com
> Subject: [SLED] Call for Participation in a free online conference
> with April 7 proposal deadline
>
> Hello all,
>
> The conference indicated here is a free online one that would be
> amenable to accepting proposals pertaining to Second Life.  If
> interested, read on ...
>
> Call for Participation for WiaOC 2007
> CONNECT: a free synchronous and asynchronous online conference for
> teachers and education professionals
> May 18-20, 2007
>
> Webheads in Action <http://webheads.info>, a world-wide cross-
> cultural online community of several hundred ESL/EFL educators and
> other professionals, invites your participation in CONNECT:
> Conversations on Networking, Education, Communities, and
> Technology, a unique conference to be held entirely online May
> 18-20, 2007.
>
> The conference is called a convergence because it is intended to be
> a fair or festival in which many communities of colleagues converge
> to celebrate with us by presenting their work in a wide variety of
> formats. Participation is free and open to all who are interested.
> Keynote speakers include Stephen Downes, George Siemens, Etienne
> Wenger, Barbara Ganley, Teemu Leinonen, and Leigh Blackall. More
> information is available at <http://wiaoc.org> or <http://
> www.wiaoc.org>.
>
> WiAOC 2007 follows on the success of our first completely free
> online global convergence <http://2005.wiaoc.org>
>
> Proposals for presentations at WiAOC 2007 will be accepted through
> April 7, 2007.
>
> Proposals are invited for synchronous events, asynchronous events,
> or combinations of the two. Session topics can be pedagogical or
> technical, and might include examples of practical work with
> students, training sessions, reports of research or research in
> progress, demonstrations of new media, or descriptions or
> explorations of how interaction takes place over the Internet-e.g.,
> how online communities form as a result of computer-mediated
> communication.
>
> Synchronous events (including, but not limited to presentations,
> demonstrations, panel / roundtable discussions, chats and
> conversations) can be held at any of our partners' voice-enabled
> presentation portals, or one of your own choosing. Training and
> assistance will be available for presenters wishing to use our
> partners' venues.
>
> Asynchronous events might include bulletin board discussions,
> online poster sessions, integration with content management
> systems, or other formats.
>
> To create a proposal, first register at the convergence proposal
> site http://wiaoc.prof2000.pt/.
>
> Remember your ID and password there, because once you have
> registered, you may, until the deadline, revisit the site as often
> [...]

jeremy hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu)

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal