[Air-l] PhD Studentships available at IPE, The Media School, Bournemouth University, UK

Claudia Vieira cvieira at bournemouth.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 08:42:02 PDT 2007

IPE - Research Centre in Interactivity, Personalization and Experience - The Media School - Bournemouth University
PhD Studentships

IPE is a collaborative interdisciplinary network focusing on the experiences derived from interactive, personalized, collaborative and increasingly mobile media forms. The centre aims to challenge notions of the consumer, the author, the user of interactive media and to diminish the perceived divide between the theory, production and experience of these forms.

We are currently offering a PhD studentship in Networked Practices: Changing methodologies for interactive experience. Read more at:
http://www.media.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/ipe_networked_practices.html

For the next round of bursaries 08/09, we are especially interested in applications addressing the following topics:

Interactivity and Personalization
The commonality of interactive media lies in the user’s ability to directly manipulate and effect personal experiences of media. We are interested in supporting research projects that explore the changing climate of media personalization. Read more at: http://www.media.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/studentships/index.html#ipe_3

Cross-Platform Media
The future of media is in innovative, flexible, repurposeable, 360 degree content. We are interested in supporting practice-based research projects that reflect creatively on the future of cross-platform media production. Read more at: http://www.media.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/studentships/index.html#ipe_1

For general inquiries about IPE and its activities, please contact me.

:)

cláudia gabriela marques vieira
subject leader, interactive media production
director of IPE, research centre in interactivity, personalization & experience
the media school
bournemouth university
cvieira at bournemouth.ac.uk

http://www.futurepresent.org
http://www.media.bournemouth.ac.uk/impblog
http://www.media.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/ipe.html

“The present age ... prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, fancy to reality, the appearance to the essence ... for in these days illusion only is sacred, truth profane”.
Feuerbach, Ludwig (1843) The Essence of Christianity. 2nd Ed: Preface [Online at marxists.org: www.marxists.org.uk/reference/archive/feuerbach/works/essence/index.htm]

In memory of Baudrillard.