[Air-l] Studies on You Tube comments

Darren Purcell dpurcell at ou.edu
Thu Mar 29 14:57:11 PDT 2007

Dear AOIR listers,

I have a student interested in the use of comments on political and
territorial focused You Tube videos. What readings or studies could I
send her to? She is particularly interested in the how the comments seem
to be in two modes of communication 1) the profanity filled comments, 2)
the reasoned, logical, fact-based discourse and debate. She notes that
the majority of comments can be categorized in one of the two modes.

Any studies on this issue that come to mind?

Thank you,

Darren Purcell