[Air-l] Multi-Modal Media/Format for Dissertation

Charles Baldwin Charles.Baldwin at mail.wvu.edu
Mon Mar 5 14:07:14 PST 2007

Hi, I'm responding to a thread from a few weeks back about alternative formats for dissertations. A lot of universities already require this and there's quite a wide and active movement around electronic theses and dissertations (my institution, WVU was the second in the US to require all theses and dissertations to be submitted electronically).

The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations consortium offers an annual award for innovative multimedia dissertations: http://www.ndltd.org/awards/awardscall2007

Sandy

>>> "Samita Nandy" <samitanandy at gmail.com> 02/21/07 9:50 PM >>>
Re: Alternative formats for dissertation research

Some of you might be interested in the link below.  It is a website for a
multi-modal dissertation submitted by Kathleen Vaughan, completed at York
University, Canada in November 2006.

http://www.akaredhanded.com/kv-dissertation.html