[Air-l] is this ethical?

Mary-Helen Ward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Fri Mar 16 14:27:11 PDT 2007

Really? I would say that it's a darned good example of teaching. I
work in a student service area, and believe me it's kilometres away
from teaching.

Like Hughie I resist the ideas of students as consumers in the
classroom. Sure they are 'serviced' by the university, and its
processes and procedures should treat them as consumers. The online
learning system, the library, their access to their results or the
internet are ways that the university supports them in their
education. Their education is something they work out for themselves
in conjunction with the teaching staff.

M-H