[Air-l] FW: reasonable security with email interviewing research participants

C Cook or A McDonald bodhi at nznet.gen.nz
Mon Mar 19 12:31:16 PDT 2007

I am a new member to this list and have yet to join AOIR. I would very much
appreciate any references/advice/other lists regarding reasonable security
measures when conducting email interviews with individuals. I am currently
undertaking a PhD in the area of women's health. I am familiar with email
conversations regarding 'sensitive' topics as I work as an email
nurse-counsellor. I want to set up a system that is highly accessible for
participants who have limited computer skills and yet also advise them with
regard to protection of the data they provide. The interviews will be
conducted one-to-one.

Many thanks, Catherine