[Air-l] naturally occurring conflicts?

Alvin Concha alvinconcha at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 11:08:03 PDT 2007

hi aristides! i am interested to know about your study among video-chat users. presently, i am doing a study on audio-visual and textual representations of masculinities among self-ascribed men in chatrooms. i believe your work would be a helpful reference. if it's not much bother, please send me a copy of it. thanks!

alvin concha
davao city, philippines
+639174004945

Aristides Emmanuel Pereira <aristides_pereira at msn.com> wrote: Hello Johna,

Maybe my message is off topic but I've done my Masters about Video-chat
users and interpersonal interaction inside and outside the chat-rooms,
trying to analyze some of its aspects (from the behavioral and technological
point of view) showing how users 'interact' among them and with the medium
itself.

Even though my research does not deal directly with conflict resolution it
may (or may not) be useful for you in other stances, specially if you are
writing about technology mediated communication. Please, let me know if you
are interested and I can send you an PDF copy of my unpublished thesis.

My best and good luck,

Aristides Emmanuel Pereira, M.A. Int. Cultural Studies
PhD Candidate
Department of Multi-Cultural Societies
Graduate School of International Cultural Studies
Tohoku University
Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi
980-8576 JAPAN
www.bleepsblops.com