[Air-l] private/public

Bonnie Nardi nardi at ics.uci.edu
Thu Mar 22 08:09:03 PDT 2007

Andrea raises a good point.

Would it extend to the kinds of ubiquitous archiving of voice and video
that seem on the horizon? I know I said and did things that, looking
back, I cannot believe I did. I don't particularly want those events in
someone's database. Ubicomp devices are poised to make recording every
encounter easy and often surreptitious, with no control on the part of
those being recorded. I'm not talking about traffic light videos but
personal devices.

--

Bonnie