[Air-l] How did Reid Cornwell get my e-mail address?

Michael Zimmer michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
Wed Mar 28 00:06:53 PDT 2007

It's not too hard to scrape the archives for people's e-mails.
Cornwell has a CFP to share, which I see little harm in posting it
for those who might be interested. (it's at the very bottom - don't
scroll down if you don't want to)

-mz
-----
Michael T. Zimmer
  Doctoral Candidate, Culture and Communication, New York University
  Student Fellow, Information Law Institute, NYU Law School
e: michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
w: http://michaelzimmer.org

On Mar 28, 2007, at 1:31 AM, Pamela Rosengren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just got an unsolicited e-mail from Dr Reid Cornwell. I thought it
> unusual that AoIR would not post an announcement for him, so I did a
> quick web search and found some background info on http://
> alex.halavais.net/dr-w-reid-cornwell/ so there's no need to fill me
> in on who he is and what he does.
>
> I'm not pointing any fingers, but I think AoIR needs to know that
> Reid Cornwell is doing this. I hope he hasn't obtained our addresses
> improperly. Maybe he is just posting to individuals who have posted
> to the list.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pamela Rosengren
> Graduate Student, Internet Studies, Curtin University of Technology

Begin forwarded message: